All Building Types
2013 - 2016
Baumann partnered with Indoor Reality, Lawrence Berkeley National Lab and The University of California, Berkeley in a project funded by the U.S. Department of Energy’s Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA-E).
The goal was to develop a rapid modeling device (RAPMOD) that can be worn as a backpack and improve the speed and quality of energy audits, deep retrofits and retro commissioning projects. RAPMOD collects data for an energy model, which can then be altered to simulate energy efficiency measures and predict savings.
RAPMOD enables engineers, auditors, and consultants to:
- Create a virtual model in 15% of the time it takes to do standard manual data collection and energy model creation
- Conduct more accurate and cost reductive energy audits
- Create building drawings (i.e., floor plans)
In partnership with Indoor Reality, Baumann can provide scanning services with the handheld device and create a web-based “virtual walk through” that:
- Allows remote engineers to virtually visit a building, reducing the time onsite
- Provides a thermal image overlay
- Identifies missing insulation or leaky windows
- Allows energy auditors to collect data such as equipment, lighting, add notes, and take pictures