Over the past 13 years, Baumann Consulting has grown to be an internationally recognized consulting firm for sustainability and energy efficiency in the real estate industry. With offices in Washington D.C., Chicago, Illinois, and Frankfurt, Germany, we support projects in the US, Europe, and other parts of the world. We strive to make high performance buildings the norm through sound engineering and creativity based on German Quality, American Innovation, and Global Best-Practices.
Baumann Consulting is looking for a Mid-Level Commissioning & Energy Engineer for our Washington, D.C. office.
Job Description and Key Responsibilities
- Lead and execute commissioning projects from beginning to close-out.
- Lead and execute condition assessments and energy audits for existing facilities.
- Support the development of innovative energy concepts for new and existing buildings.
- Provide project management and coordination on small and medium size projects to meet client expectations for technical excellence, budget and schedule.
- Maintain effective communication with clients, contractors and other project team members.
- Produce summary reports and presentations and deliver them to clients, multidisciplinary project teams and other audiences.
- Support business development activities: networking at industry events, developing and maintaining client relationships, adding in the preparation of proposals.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) or Master of Science (M.S.) in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering and a minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience OR
- 10+ years of relevant work experience plus one or more of the below listed professional certifications
- Professional Certifications (CEM, CCP, CPMP, BEAP, etc.) preferred
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) preferred
- Solid knowledge of mechanical systems and controls required
- Experience with CxAlloy preferred
Baumann Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we are offering work on exciting and challenging projects in a great work atmosphere and excellent benefits including:
- Policies for flexible work time and home office
- Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Company paid Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Company paid ST/LT Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Employer contributions
- Company paid Commuter Benefits
- Flexible Spending Account
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.